ENDOSCOPY AND VIDEOCAMERAS
HIGHT TEMPERATURE ENDOSCOPY PAGE
The endoscope is a piece of equipment which carries images from
the insides of things to
an eyepiece, a videocamera, a photograpic camera etc - images which would otherwise
be inaccessible to man.
Types of endoscopes and videocameras:
- The rigid endoscope, sometimes known as a
periscope or boroscope is a rigid tube
equipped with lenses. It is fitted at one end with an eyepiece which affords either a
direct view or to which one can attach a photographic camera, videocamera etc.
On the other end a prism determines the angle of vision and the field of vision
of the apparatus. This type of equipment is usually fitted with a lighting system.
- The flexible fibroscope is a piece of equipment
based around fibre-optic cables,
which convey the image to a viewpiece. Again this eyepiece affords either a direct view,
or can accomodate a photographic camera, a videocamera, etc. The tip of this type
of endoscope is generally directional and fitted with a fibre-optic lighting system.
- The flexible endoscope, sometimes known as a
videoscope, is a peice of equipment
with a miniature CCD camera fitted to its head. This captures images which are then
sent by cable to a control unit, which can then display them on a monitor. The head
of this apparatus is usually directional, and again equipped with a fibre-optic lighting
- The Videocameras come in various sizes. Sometimes
fitted to a mobile platform,
they are very flexible and allow the greatest diversity of inspections. They are usually
equipped with a lighting rig. They are remote-controlled to a greater or lesser degree,
depending on the requirements of the inspection task.
Multiple banches of industry are involved:
- Manufacturing and Heavy industry
- Construction Industry, and buildings
- Inspection and surveying of pipes
- Inspection and examination of the
insides of machines and equipment
- Inspection of drains and sewers
- Examination of spaces inside walls
- Exploration of hollows and other
ADI international & Co BELGIUM